Whether promoting sporting events, concerts, live shows and theatre, one-off major events or whole touring spectaculars, Tony Cochrane’s passion and experience forge a formidable combination and have ultimately resulted in some unforgettable milestones in Australian entertainment, sports management and sport generally over the past 40 years.
Tony has made the stage his own from the Gold Coast in Australia. Not only with the formation and execution of V8 Supercars but along the way he has collected a Tony, from the American Theatre, a couple of Aria’s and is internationally recognized for his efforts in taking V8 Supercars to the world.
Tony and his partners have over the past twenty years produced/promoted over 400 sporting and entertainment events throughout the world, sold in excess of 25,000,000 tickets with gross sales exceeding $2Billion dollars and written nearly $250,000,000 in sponsorship sales. Not bad for a kid who never finished high school!
- Director - International Events Consulting Pty Ltd.
- Chairman - Gold Coast SUNS
- Director Backstage Australia Pty Ltd.
- Former Chairman V8 Supercars Australia – 16.5 years
- Former Director & Co Founder Sports & Entertainment Ltd – 16 years
- Former Australasian Senior Vice President IMG
- Former Director – UNICEF Australia – 3 years
- FAICD - Australian institute of Company Directors
Tony joined the Gold Coast SUNS Board in March 2014 and took over as Chairman from John Witheriff in March 2016.