They often say breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Gold Coast SUNS dietician Ben Parker shares a nutritious low carb breakfast idea that players opt for on recovery or low intensity training days as part of our Hivita Wellness Hub.
Omelette with capsicum, red onion, baby spinach and mushroom
1/2 x Red capsicum
1/2 x Red onion
1/3 x Baby spinach
1/2 cup x Sliced mushrooms
1tb x Olive oil
1. Heat pan with olive oil on medium-low heat
2. Whip eggs in a bowl until combined
3. Add whipped eggs to heated pan
4. Let sit for 30 seconds until the eggs begin to set
5. Add veggies to one side
6. Flip and continue to cook until set
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately